This course is approved for 1 CEU!
In adding computer science standards and assessing progress towards them, it is essential that our K-5 teachers find a way of integrating these concepts into their core content areas. With instructional minutes being a fixed variable, they simply cannot add another separate subject area into their already instructional-packed day. This course will help inspire the integration of computer science and computational thinking into core content. This intentional integration will deepen the core content learning.
- Identify the roadblocks to integrating CS/CT standards and create solutions
- Deepen understanding and content knowledge of computational thinking
- Find ways to integrate coding into core content
- Exploring physical computing devices (hands-on approach)
- Understanding and exploring block-based coding
- Identifying entry points for a deeper understanding of core content through computer science