Hands-on, minds-on learning can happen anywhere and everywhere! Looking for ways to bring fun hands-on activities to your classroom or home? This kit is customizable and allows you to choose the projects and topics that best fit your learner’s interests and needs! The STEM Explorer Pack includes hands-on materials and curriculum with step-by-step instructions for children to build five exciting projects and complete 15 challenges and activities. Intended for third- through fifth-grade students, the STEM Explorer Pack features activities across science, technology, engineering, and math that also incorporate reading, art, and more! All activities are completely hands on and will have your learners engaged for hours as they create, explore, invent, and, most importantly, have fun!
Opportunities are endless with the STEM Explorer Pack! It can be used through learning at home, in the classroom, in a blended/hybrid environment, at summer camp, or in an after-school program.
Instructions in both English and Spanish!
What You’ll Get
Build your own box! Choose five of these projects:
- Exploring Mazes: Create 2-D mazes and kick it up a notch with a 3-D maze integrated with your own storytelling!
- Exploring Bird Feeders: Research and observe birds in your community, and then build them a bird feeder.
- Exploring Musical Instruments: Learn the fundamentals of sound waves and experiment with homemade instruments.
- Exploring Parachutes: Learn about, design, and make various parachutes!
- Exploring Structure Testing: Explore how shapes affect the strength of a structure, and then build your own tower.
- Exploring Maps: Work with cardinal directions and compasses to read and orient maps, and then create a basic working compass.
- Exploring Hydraulics: Learn the difference between pneumatic and hydraulic systems – then, create your own hydraulically animated puppets to tell a story!
- Exploring Vehicles: Build and test vehicles to determine the variables that affect them.
- Exploring Flight: Experiment with paper airplanes to maximize their performance!
- Exploring 3-D Art: Engineer pop-up cards to explore how shapes interact with motion, and then use your new knowledge to convey a message.
Custom STEM Explorer Pack
Type: Project Kits
Students Served: 1