Why is MiRo-E right for your classroom?
MiRo-E is an emotionally engaging biomimetic robot companion optimized for use in learning coding, education, research, and therapy. A highly featured platform with the versatility to aid students in learning the basics of programming all the way through to advanced users producing practical applications. MiRo-E has now evolved for education!
The Pack Includes:
- 1 Miro-E Robot
- 1 Charger Module
- 1 Battery Pack
- 1 Service Kit
- MiroSim Software
- User Manual
- 1-year Warranty & RobotLAB Support
Basically, MiRo-E is comprised of a Raspberry Pi 3B+ as its core, light sensors, cliff sensors, an HD camera, and a variety of connectivity options.
MiRo reacts to sound, touch, and movement in a variety of ways. 28 capacitive touch sensors tell it when it is being petted or stroked. Six independent RGB LEDs allow it to show emotion, along with DOF to move its eyes, tail, and ears. Its ears also house four 16-bit microphones and a loudspeaker. And two differential drive wheels with Opto-sensors help MiRo move around.
MiRoCode is a user-friendly web-based coding interface, where students can run through lesson plans and experiment with new ideas. They can test code on the simulated MiRo-E and create new skills that can be applied to a real-life MiRo-E. Take a look at the student interface:
- A classroom pet in early school learning [pastoral care model].
- Primary schools using the simple-to-grasp MiRoSim interface.
- Secondary schools use Blockly, C++, and Python programming languages.
- Special Educational needs.
- Research into therapy for age-related issues.
- We would suggest students below age 7 interact primarily with the physical MiRo-E (to explore simple STEM, Robotics, Engineering, and Programming concepts), and students older than 7 start utilizing the MiRo educational interface.
MiRo-E comes with a rechargeable battery pack and an inline charger. The battery life varies with usage, but it is approximately 6+ hours active and 12+ hours standby.
We recommend purchasing this product from RobotLAB. For over a decade, RobotLAB has been leading the Educational Robotics market with an innovative approach that makes Robotics and VR truly useful in the hands of educators. RobotLedicated to making robots smart and useful, supporting businesses and educational entities in their journey into the 21st-century user experience. As the leading educational robotics company, RobotLAB is providing schools and universities with AI-LABs, equipped with robotics technologies, that empower educators and engage students with the most important skills for this generation: robotics, coding, and programming.
See MiRo in action HERE