Propel innovation and create your own working fan car with this electric motor project straight from the Everglades! First, construct a frame that’ll get you rolling. Then, power up your motor and experiment with different propeller designs to really send your racer flying!
Includes different documents for different ages. Some adult assistance is helpful for sixth graders.
TeacherGeek solves the frustrations of STEM/STEAM/makerspaces for teachers and kids:
- READY-TO-GO PACKS – just hand them out and get started: pre-divided 10-packs include printed guides and plenty of extra parts
- AMAZING EDITABLE CURRICULUM – award-winning, editable documents, videos, labs, challenges, and more get kids designing, investigating, and competing in challenges
- STANDARDS ALIGNED – curriculum is teacher designed and aligned to NGSS, CCSS, ITEEA, and state standards
- REAL ENGINEERING – kids actually design, test, redesign, and repeat; there’s no perfect design, so kids are never done making
- REAL DATA – data so good kids can measure the effects of design changes, even using the data to complete optional science labs
- RECYCLING BIN INNOVATION – recycling bin + TeacherGeek = even more creativity
TeacherGeek is not a toy; it’s way better! Kids love making real things, especially when they get to use age-appropriate tools.
TeacherGeek: Electric Air Racer:
Tools and Materials Required: TeacherGeek Tool Set (or Phillips screwdriver and TeacherGeek reamer), two AA batteries, and tape
Type: Multi-Student Project Packs, Project Kits