Looking for an engineering activity that blows all the others away? The Mini Wind Turbine gets kids engineering their own unique turbines that harness the power of the wind and convert it into real electricity! (Don’t worry – it’s safe.)
TeacherGeek makes it a breeze to modify your turbine design: creating new blades from recycling bin materials, adjusting their size, shape, angle, and quantity. Kids can even modify their base to make their turbines turn when the wind direction changes! All in the pursuit of the most effective turbine design possible.
Includes different documents for different ages. Some adult assistance is helpful for third graders.
TeacherGeek solves the frustrations of STEM/STEAM/makerspaces for teachers and kids:
- READY-TO-GO PACKS – just hand them out and get started: pre-divided 10-packs include printed guides and plenty of extra parts
- AMAZING EDITABLE CURRICULUM – award-winning, editable documents, videos, labs, challenges, and more get kids designing, investigating, and competing in challenges
- STANDARDS ALIGNED – curriculum is teacher designed and aligned to NGSS, CCSS, ITEEA, and state standards
- REAL ENGINEERING – kids actually design, test, redesign, and repeat; there’s no perfect design, so kids are never done making
- REAL DATA – data so good kids can measure the effects of design changes, even using the data to complete optional science labs
- RECYCLING BIN INNOVATION – recycling bin + TeacherGeek = even more creativity
TeacherGeek is not a toy; it’s way better! Kids love making real things, especially when they get to use age-appropriate tools.
TeacherGeek: Mini Wind Turbine 10-Pack:
Tools and Materials Required: Phillips screwdriver, multimeter (for testing), tape, scissors, and fan
Type: Multi-Student Project Packs, Project Kits