Avengers Hero Inventor Kit From LittleBits
The littleBits Avengers Hero Inventor Kit lets kids build a working super-powered gauntlet that you can program to react lights, vibrations or button presses. The hardware and associated mobile app are Marvel-themed with challenges that involve popular heroes such as Iron Man, the Hulk, Black Panther and Shuri.
- Code your gauntlet to unleash 10 authentic Avengers sound effects or record your own.
- Includes everything kids need to build and customize an interactive electronic Super hero gauntlet: electronic building blocks, LED Matrix, authentic Marvel sound effects bit, plastic pieces, stickers and battery.
- Unlock hours and hours of STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, math) learning with over 18 activities for Super hero kids to build, play and code.
- Creative kids bring their imagination to life by personalizing their interactive Super hero gear with included sticker sheets and household items.
- No grown-ups necessary: in-app step by step video instructions and troubleshooting guide kids through fun missions like stealth mode, speed Tracker, Super hero voice, and animator creator.
- An easy introduction to coding through block based coding with activities to advance through programming fundamentals like loops and logic.
- Requires smart device: iPhone (iOS 10.0 or later) or Android (5.0 or later) is required to build and control your Avengers gear. Amazon devices not compatible at this time.
- Built for the toughest kids. Each gauntlet comes with new and improved locks and gauntlet cover to keep circuits secure. Every littleBits kit is protected by a 30 day warranty and customer support.
Why do we recommend Avengers Hero Inventor Kit?
You want to teach your kids about the wonderful world of circuits and electricity, but working with raw wires and boards is a pain in the butt, even for adults. It requires proper understanding of the difference between positive and negative charges, and sometimes you need to solder (a dangerous proposition for young children). Easy enough for kids, but advanced enough for their parents to enjoy, the littleBits system uses a series of magnetically snappable bits that let you combine a battery, input sensors and output parts (lights, motors and sensors) into a working project.
What’s in the box?
The Avengers Hero Inventor Kit comes with all the parts necessary to build a wearable gauntlet. These include a plastic case with straps on it, a clear case cover, a 9V battery and TK “bits,” the electronic pieces which snap together.
A single blue power bit with an on / off switch connects to the 9V battery. Three pink input bits — a button, an accelerometer and a light sensor — provide a means for your gauntlet to collect feedback from the wearer or the environment around them. The two green output bits are a speaker and a circular LED light with 45 pixels that can illuminate in different color patterns. There’s also an orange Bluetooth LE bit for communicating with your mobile device and two orange extension cable bits that allow you to add some space between bits you wish to mount on opposite sides of the gauntlet.