Bring drones to the classroom with the Drone Flight Guide Curriculum and Field Elements Kit. The versatility of this kit enables all students to get hands on with drones and adds an element of competition to the learning experience. This package consists of teacher and student guides, which introduce learners to drone flight and competitions, along with numerous competition field elements components. Also included, the 10′ x 20′ Drone Arena creates a safe and secure yet accessible environment for learning, competition, and fun.
- Provides opportunities for both manned and autonomous flight operation
- Up to 120 days of curriculum if both manned and autonomous activities are completed
- Progressive series of 12 activities that culminate with challenges and competitions
- Connections to careers such as drone pilots, software developers, construction inspectors, air traffic controllers, photographers, videographers, electrical power line installers, urban planners, power plant operators, surveying and mapping technicians, wildlife biologists, and firefighters
- Middle school correlations to ITEEA standards
- Resources such as career research links, preflight check, build instructions for each field element, maps showing field element placement for each activity, teacher notes for setup and implementation, and glossary with basic flight terms and drone principles
This curriculum is designed to be open-ended, enabling teachers to use any drones available to the classroom, but it has been written and tested with the Tello EDU drone.
Download our curriculum sample.
NOTE: This arena is not recommended for use outdoors in windy conditions.
What You’ll Get
- 1 teacher flight guide
- 10 student flight guides
- Competition field elements
- 13 PVC furniture-grade pipes (3/4″ x 5′)
- 12 PVC tee fittings (3/4″)
- 10 PVC 90-degree elbows (3/4″)
- 10 PVC table base caps (3/4″)
- Husky ratcheting PVC pipe cutter (1-1/4″)
- 11 pool noodles
- Paracord (25′)
- Hook-and-loop fastener self-stick strap (5′)
- 10 L Phillips-head machine screws (10-32 x 1/2″)
- 10 hex nuts (10-32)
- 25 L fiberboard screws (#10 x 5/8″)
- 8 MDF pole bases (11-3/4″ x 3/4″)
- 3 Masonite pole mount platforms (11-3/4″ x 1/8″)
- 6 MDF round launch pads (11-3/4″ x 1/4″)
- Drone launch pad stickers
- 6 corrugate cardboard panels (23″ x 23″)
- Box of spring steel binder clips (12 pack)
- 8 white boxes (16-1/4″ x 12″ x 10-1/2″)
- 10′ x 20′ Drone Arena
- Drone Competition Curriculum Teacher Guide Preview
- Drone Flight Guide Curriculum and Field Elements Kit with Arena Product List
Drone Flight Guide Curriculum and Field Elements Kit with Arena:
Students Served: 24 students, working in teams of 2-3
Other Products Required: Drones, sold separately. We recommend a Tello EDU 5-Pack (45953) per 10 students.
Note: Drone Arena Dimensions: 20.4′ L x 10.25′ W x 10.25′ H
Type: Activity Guides and Curriculum, Multi-Student Project Packs