Hot Dots Academic Vocabulary Cards Grades 4-6: 4 Pack from Educational Insights
Academic Vocabulary development and familiarity with multiple choice format is crucial for successful standardized test-taking. This Hot Dots card sets makes it fun to build that vocabulary! Each set of 50 double-sided cards reinforces 400 important Academic words from science, math, social studies, and language arts using the interactive Hot Dots Pen (sold separately). Perfect for learning centers or anywhere in the classroom, this self-checking system enables students to work independently with instant reinforcement.
These cards were partly responsible in creating impowered, confident readers in my class. To learn more about how they helped my students, read my article 5 Proven Reading Strategies.
Help students gain larger vocabularies which can lead to improved test scores and enhance reading comprehension.
Why students love them:
- Playful, interactive learning with lights and sounds.
- Confidence-building feedback keeps little learners engaged.
- Provides ample practice time and encourages independent learning.
Features & Benefits of these Academic Vocabulary Cards:
- Builds vocabulary and enhances test-taking skills
- 50 double-sided, illustrated cards (8″W x 5″H) featuring words aligned to state and national standards
- 4 tabbed subject dividers, and teacher’s guide
- 400 Academic Vocabulary words
What’s included in each set?
– Addition, subtraction, and numbers
– Multiplication and division
– Place value, decimals, money, and fractions
– Statistics and data analysis
– Animals, plants, and life cycles
– Ecology, environment, and conservation
– Matter and energy
– Sounds and magnets
– Force, work, and simple machines
– Weather and climate
– Solar system
– Investigation and experimentation
– Maps and globes
– Family, culture, and community
– Government and citizenship
– Letters, sentences, and end punctuation
– Phonics and word forms
– Word meanings
– Writing and punctuation marks
– Reference tools and study skills
You may also be interested in: