Strawbees STEAM Starter Kit has all the basics that you need to get students making and creating STEAM projects.
The STEAM Starter kit is a personal-sized building set with 230 pieces to build several small towers, moving mechanical cranes and arms. The building set comes with 5 different precut straw sizes and 4 color-coded connectors organized in the box.
Includes a colorful and inspirational poster!
This small kit has everything needed to start inventing out of the box to engage students in learning. Educators can use this kit as a way to build anything from the Strawbees Learning platform with a small pair or group of students, or use as a personal kit in a professional training environment. This kit is a basic kit and is designed for a individual use. If you wish to implement Strawbees in your classroom or school you will want to check out Strawbees STEAM Classroom Microbit Bundle or Strawbees STEAM School Kit.
See more about Strawbees in this video.
This kit includes:
- Connectors – 1-leg Blue × 37
- Connectors – 2-leg Yellow × 18
- Connectors – 3-leg Green × 25
- Connectors – 5-leg Pink × 13
- Building straws – 240mm Blue × 25
- Building straws – 205mm Green × 12
- Building straws – 112mm Pink× 30
- Building straws – 80mm Orange × 36
- Building straws – 48mm Yellow × 34
- Activity Booklet × 1
- Poster × 1
- Free access to lesson plans at Strawbees Learning
All materials are custom-made, durable, and reusable. When students finish building they can disassemble and begin a new project.
- Play = Learning – extend learning at home for young makers and build creative thinking skills to invent anything you can imagine.
- Self-Oriented Learning – an introduction for teachers, librarians, and STEM educators to follow along on the Strawbees Learning platform and professional development experiences.
- Lesson Plans – The lesson plans that Strawbees has available on their platform make this product one of our TOP PICKS! This company took the basic teacher tools to the next level. Their lessons match Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS), Common Core, and United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) (and more coming!) for easy assessment. No more struggling to integrate STEAM into your lesson planning.